Monday, March 16, 2009

Katie's Birthday

I know I'm major late with posting since this did happen in January. But better late than never right?

We had Katie's 14th birthday party a little late and she was so sweet to let us do that. We wanted to get past all the stress of Christmas and other birthdays first. She wanted to have a 50's party so it took lots of thinking especially for what 14 year olds will think is fun. But I think it turned out okay and everyone had fun. We made bath salts and put in "old fashion" looking bottles, then they were able to make their own sundaes in a coke glass. They went upstairs to the "drive-in movie" and watched Grease. Everyone was really excited about the custom paint jobs done on the cars. LOL actually they were as horrible as can be but it still made it fun.







5 comments:

Lorraine said...

This is such a cute idea. How fun!!! Well, I am even later then you. I still haven't been able to get Katie a birthday present. I always have good intentions, but by that time of year, I end up missing all of my nieces and nephews birthdays. I feel terrible. Anyway, good job on the party. It looked really fun!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Way to go on all the posts! I love Beckham in his underware and boots in the snow! That's classic! He's just like his dad and his shorts in the snow...:) I am also very impressed with Katie's Birthday! You are SO creative!!! You are a much funner mom than I am!

Becky said...

Hey thanks..... I have set the kids expectations way too high for birthday parties. I guess that's why we don't do them every year.

Cami said...

you are SO creative. That is an AWESOME idea. I will have to remember that for the future :)

Anonymous said...

You rock!! What a great mom you are, and what a cool idea! I do not know if I could ever pull this off. Nice work!!

main