Monday, November 3, 2008

2nd grade party....



Like I mentioned before in another blog, I was informed on back to school night that I was Mikaiah's room mother for second grade. I have no idea how my name was picked since I really try to avoid that kind of stuff and never signed up to be it since wearing myself out with it early on with the two older girls. I did however happily agree to it because I owe it to kia. That was before finding out the expectations of this teacher. She goes all out with her parties and goes to extremes with every little detail. She gave me a nice big "room mother's handbook" and a list of instructions for the Halloween party
  1. homemade rootbeer with dry ice
  2. halloween napkins, plates and cups and table cloths
  3. buffet style with meats, cheeses, crackers, fruits and veggie tray
  4. individual bags full of candy to put in the pinata
  5. sugar cookies with toppings for the kids to decorate

I look at this, take a deep breath and keep telling myself I can do it. I called a few other moms to help me out including Mikaiah's stepmom. We pulled it all together and ended up having a great time. Even Jeff and Beckham came and partied with us, they were actually only helping me get things there and decided to stay for the whole thing. I was so busy getting everything ready that morning, Beckham went with us still in his pajamas (buzz lightyear) and his hair standing straight up. Luckily it was halloween and nobody thought anything about it

(I even made a veggie tray into a pumpkin face)


3 comments:

The Dodges said...

Becky your a Domestic God'dess. I am totally impressed. Please come and show off your talents at ummmm I don't know.....Thanksgiving??? Please????

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Way to go on the party Becky! I'm impressed! It's one of those things that are fun but good to have it over with. I'm glad you came back to the blogging world! It's fun to see your pics! That's funny about your pumpkin guts war!

Cami said...

you go girl!!!!!!!! I avoid school stuff like the plague!

main