Thursday, December 11, 2008

chicken nuggets.....The convenience food

I'm one of those moms that love the convenience of fast food especially when I'm out running errands and have starving kids. And what kid doesn't love chicken nuggets? Well it was one of those days and Beckham was wanting some so I run through Wendy's drive thru get some but he doesn't want to eat them because he was wanting fries. (this will be a day I'm thankful for his stubbornness) So....... of course since we are with grandma she goes through Burger King's drive thru and get him some fries. At that point he forgets he has the chicken nuggets in his hand and drops them as he is reaching for his fries. When we got home I start picking his nuggets up off the floor and notice some "lint" on one of them so I go to take it off and out comes a feather the length of the nugget. I seriously thought I was going to throw up. If you notice there is still the end of the feather still inside the nugget. I get in the house and call Wendy's.......

Me: May I speak with a manager please?
Her: yeah I'm one
me: I just came and got some chicken nuggets for my child and there was a feather in one of them
Her: (higher voice) A feather? *giggle*
Me: yes a feather
Her: Well bring it in and we will gladly exchange them for new ones

Are you kidding me, do you really think that I'm going to get some new ones after that? I told her I would like my money back and she seemed surprised and a little put out by it. WOW!!! are they really that desperate for workers that they wouldn't think anything about a feather being pulled out of a chicken nugget? Yes, I do realize they are made from chickens but be a little embarrassed or sorry that someone found that in their food.

1 comment:

Cami said...

THAT IS DISGUSTING!!!!! Boycot fast food! Blech

main