Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sick little Beckham

We had a pretty crazy night last night. Beckham hadn't been feeling all that good today. He wasn't real sick, but had been cranky and grumpy for most of the day. We went to the church because we had to meet with the bishop and afterwards our little neighbor girl was there so her and Beckham were running chasing each other and he would come over and be having the hardest time breathing and saying his throat hurt. We went home and were just laying around watching t.v. and he started running a fever and was crying and started the most awful cough I have ever heard, he sounded like a sea lion. So we decided to get ready for bed and decided I would take him to the Dr. in the morning. After about 30 min. he was crying and having the hardest time breathing so Jeff said I needed to take him to the ER. UHHHH!!!!! That's when you know you're in for a long night. I HATE THE ER!!!! So I go up there and within 10 minutes they had him checked in and hooked up to a breathing treatment and giving him steroids. They told me he has croupe. It was only about a 3 hour period that it all happened, from when he started not feeling well to being really sick, it was all so fast. After all of that and and some hours in the ER we have a much happier baby and we are so grateful it was nothing more serious.

3 comments:

Cami said...

Sorry to hear Beckham gave you a late night!!!

Did I miss you tonight?

Becky said...

NO, I'm just a big loser and forgot to take everything with me. I promise I will bring it by this weekend.

Jeff Johnson was the one that took care of Beckham and did an awesome job. He said to tell you and Josh hi.

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

I'm sorry Beckham's been sick (and grouchy) it's never fun when your kids don't feel good. Jaycee hasn't slept well a couple nights now thanks to her darn cold... Oh and by the way, I've been meaning to comment about that chicken nugget with a feather in it! That is one of the sickest things I have ever seen. I don't think I'll ever be quite the same.

main